Phoenix Magazine featured our collaboration with Christopher Creek Spice Co. in their January 2014 issue. Read all about the story behind Jeremy Cox's Cabin Chili recipe, which he modified to include medjool dates for a delicious result!
Cabin Chili with Medjool Dates
Ingredients (makes 8 servings):
- • One box Christopher Creek Spice Company Cabin Chili
- • Two pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- • Two 15 oz. cans garbanzo beans, undrained
- • Two 15 oz. cans diced tomatoes
- • One 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- • One 15 oz. can chicken broth
- • One pound Sphinx Date Co. Medjool dates, chopped and pitted
- • Two whole cinnamon sticks
- • One package DeCio Tri-Chile Fiesta pasta (optional)
- • One 12 oz. can SanTan Devil's Ale beer (optional)
- • A dash of Arizona Spice Company roasted green chile & garlic hot sauce (optional)
- • A dash of Sting 'N' Linger ghost pepper seasoning for extra hot (optional)
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- 2. In a medium sauce pan, combine Medjool dates with beer. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3. Remove from heat and let cool for 20 minutes. Put mixture in blender and puree until smooth.
- 4. Brown meat, drain fat. Add Medjool date mixture, canned goods and Cabin Chili spice pack. Mix well.
- 5. Add whole cinnamon sticks and bring to a boil, uncovered, stirring often.
- 6. Reduce heat to medium-high and continue cooking, uncovered and stirring often, for 30 minutes.
- 7. Reduce heat to medium-low, add pasta and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 8. Remove cinnamon sticks and serve.